Our series, Game Changers, continues this week as we focus on Faith in the lives of ordinary people!
Check out this short video to catch the vision for becoming a light in your neighborhood!
Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.”
The Lord planted our church where we are to help our neighbors discover the light of life. So, we’re asking each member of our church to consider becoming a Light to their neighbors and living intentional pray-care-share lifestyles.
Becoming a Light is free and easy. You’ll receive a map and list of your closest neighbors, along with emails at the frequency of your choice to pray for your next five neighbors that day. When you get a chance, walk or drive by those homes as you pray for them.
To learn more about this opportunity visit the following link and watch the 2 minute video by Stephen Kendrick. When you are ready to get started, click the sign up button on the page.
I know some of you don’t like the fees that you get when donating online. Here’s any easy way to give and it’s only $.25 per transaction.
1. Go to Church Center app 2. Click “Give” at the bottom 3. Put in the amount you wish to give, click next 4. Click what fund you want to give to 5. Click the frequency (one time, weekly, every other week, monthly, or twice-monthly) 4. Click on Payment Method 5. Choose add bank account 6. Choose either instant verification (if you can sign into your account online) or manual verification (if you choose this option you will need to watch your bank account for two deposits of less than $1 then you will need to go back to the Church Center app and enter those amounts to verify your account) 7. Click Give now
Join us on Sunday at 10:45 AM as we will be doing church together from multiple locations! We will be livestreaming our service just like we do every week. Since many of you are typically at the church when we do this, we thought we’d offer some information on how to watch online.
The best way, would be to join our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/234750416550106/ . On Sunday Morning, you can simply navigate to the Facebook group and around 10:35-10:40, Pastor Todd will create a “watch party” that you can join. This option allows you to use the comment section on the video to interact with each other during the service.
If you do not have Facebook or do not want to use the Facebook stream, you can also go to https://www.fsbcliberal.com/ and click the link under announcements for the live streaming.
I hope you will take the opportunity to join us as we worship together from various locations. Call each other, text each other, send a FB message, and join us online on Sunday! (sing loud enough that your neighbors wonder what is up…)
Hey Church! In case you haven’t heard or discovered it yet, we have a public Facebook page! When you have a moment, check it out (https://www.facebook.com/FSBCLiberal), give us a “like”, and feel free to share content we’re creating daily! Let’s share the amazing love of Jesus with our digital world!
The food Cupboard is in need of some food items before our next distribution date of May 9th. Here is a new list of items we could not order: Spaghetti Sauce, Jelly, Peanut Butter, Hamburger Helper, Ramon Noodles, 1 lb. bags of Rice, Cereal and 4 pack of Toilet Paper. You may bring these items by the church from 1 – 5 PM Monday – Friday OR you can give money to the Food Cupboard and we can go purchase these items. If you have any questions, please call 620-655-3548. Thank you for your help with this ministry!
– Cheryl Dreitz
The church office will be open from 1:00 – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday. The front doors will be locked. Karol will be in the office to answer the phone for any questions or to take any offerings that need dropped off..
Cross Seeker Camp Cancelled for Summer 2020
Regretfully, the Cross Seeker Camp Committee (camp for 3rd through 5th grade) has decided to cancel camp for this summer. Very sorry it came to this, but the committee wanted to put the health and safety of kids first.
We have a brand new app, available on all Android and Apple devices. Using this tool you will be able to:
1. View our Sermon Archives
2. Connect with FSBC and ask for Prayer
3. Give Securely Online
4. Pre-Check In your children (as we are able to reopen)
5. Much more to come!
To get started simply click one of the links below to download on your device, and then search for First Southern Baptist Church Liberal as you open the App. Let’s Go Church!
VBS 2020 Concrete & Cranes VBS Concrete & Crane is set for June 28-July 2, 2020, from 6 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. Please mark VBS on your calendar for your family. VBS is for kids who are 4 years old by September 1 through 8th grade. We would love to have your children and teenagers join us. Please join our church family for this huge evanglististic event. We need volunteers for the following areas: teachers, cooks, security, registration, missions, crafts, recreation, music, prayer team, and more. Please reach out to Norma Jean at email@example.com to join the 2020 VBS Team. Please note that the church staff is keeping informed with the latest COVID-19 restrictions and regulations and will make plans accordingly for the health and safety for all families.
Looking for a better way to use screen time? We’ve got a gift for you! RightNow Media is the premier streaming service for Bible studies and Christian content for all ages! You can follow this link to sign up for a free account courtesy of FSBC Liberal. Enjoy!
* Prayers to Jimmie & Sharon Farr in the passing of his mother, Alliene Farr. Prayers also for Mindi, Dustin & Jenna Ormiston. This was Mindi’s grandmother. Graveside service was Tuesday.
* Pam Smith, friend to Vicki Melanson, having some trouble with isolation anxiety
* Pray for our church as we reach out to each other and to others in the community at this time.
* Donna Nordyke is at Wheatridge doing PT. She has a new room number!
Wheatridge – Room 207
1501 S. Holly Dr. Liberal, KS. 67901
* Dan Plett has a niece, Amy, that works in a hospital in Tampa, Florida. Amy is very concerned for her safety as well as other hospital employees & first responders.
* Steve & Collen Patton (Sondra’s son) He is now at Washington General Hospital in Washington State doing a job getting supplies for this big hospital.
* Pray for a solution to the Covid-19 virus situation here in Liberal and around the world. Pray for how the virus has affected some business & families.
* Pray for the healthcare workers, the leaders of our city & our country.
* Pray for families who have someone with this virus or have lost a loved one from the virus.
* All the churches as we adjust.
* All the high school and college students that would be graduating who are missing this special day that they had worked hard and anticipated for.
Do you have a prayer request? Please call or email the church.
Offering required weekly $ 10,700.34
Offering received on April 26th – $13,029.38 Year to date budgeted $181,905.78 Year to date received $187,100.36
Christian Light Foundation Total – $480.00 Annie Armstrong Offering Total – $589.97
For more information on these or other church activities, please contact us at:
First Southern Baptist Church
621 N. Western Ave