Our series, Game Changers, continues this week as we focus on Faith in the lives of ordinary people!
Join us on Sunday at 10:45 AM as we will be doing church together from multiple locations! We will be livestreaming our service just like we do every week.
Join us at www.fsbcliberal.com OR on Facebook at FSBCLiberal.
Looking at the photo above, we are reminded that there is much work to be done for the Kingdom of God here in our own country. The North American Mission Board (NAMB) sends missionaries all over North America to share the gospel and start churches. We usually take up a special offering during the months of April and May called the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering. The monies given to this offering go directly to helping missionaries around North America. As you pray, if you feel God leading you to give towards helping NAMB send missionaries into the field, you can give to the church and mark your gift for Annie Armstrong.
Check out this short video to catch the vision for becoming a light in your neighborhood!
Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.”
The Lord planted our church where we are to help our neighbors discover the light of life. So, we’re asking each member of our church to consider becoming a Light to their neighbors and living intentional pray-care-share lifestyles.
Becoming a Light is free and easy. You’ll receive a map and list of your closest neighbors, along with emails at the frequency of your choice to pray for your next five neighbors that day. When you get a chance, walk or drive by those homes as you pray for them.
To learn more about this opportunity visit the following link and watch the 2 minute video by Stephen Kendrick. When you are ready to get started, click the sign up button on the page.
I know some of you don’t like the fees that you get when donating online. Here’s any easy way to give and it’s only $.25 per transaction.
1. Go to Church Center app 2. Click “Give” at the bottom 3. Put in the amount you wish to give, click next 4. Click what fund you want to give to 5. Click the frequency (one time, weekly, every other week, monthly, or twice-monthly) 4. Click on Payment Method 5. Choose add bank account 6. Choose either instant verification (if you can sign into your account online) or manual verification (if you choose this option you will need to watch your bank account for two deposits of less than $1 then you will need to go back to the Church Center app and enter those amounts to verify your account) 7. Click Give now
Hey Church! In case you haven’t heard or discovered it yet, we have a public Facebook page! When you have a moment, check it out (https://www.facebook.com/FSBCLiberal), give us a “like”, and feel free to share content we’re creating daily! Let’s share the amazing love of Jesus with our digital world!
The church office will be open from 1:00 – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday. The front doors will be locked. Karol will be in the office to answer the phone for any questions or to take any offerings that need dropped off.
VBS 2020 Concrete & Cranes: Postponed
VBS Concrete & Crane was set for June 28-July 2, 2020, from 6 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. FSBC staff has decided to move VBS to July. We will have new dates set soon so you can plan accordingly.
VBS is for kids who are 4 years old by September 1 through 8th grade. We would love to have your children and teenagers join us. Please join our church family for this huge evangelistic event. We need volunteers for the following areas: teachers, cooks, security, registration, missions, crafts, recreation, music, prayer team, and more. Please reach out to Norma Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the 2020 VBS Team.
Please note that the church staff is keeping informed with the latest COVID-19 restrictions and regulations and will plan accordingly for the health and safety for all families.
We have a brand new app, available on all Android and Apple devices. Using this tool you will be able to:
1. View our Sermon Archives
2. Connect with FSBC and ask for Prayer
3. Give Securely Online
4. Pre-Check In your children (as we are able to reopen)
5. Much more to come!
To get started simply click one of the links below to download on your device, and then search for First Southern Baptist Church Liberal as you open the App. Let’s Go Church!
Looking for a better way to use screen time? We’ve got a gift for you! RightNow Media is the premier streaming service for Bible studies and Christian content for all ages! You can follow this link to sign up for a free account courtesy of FSBC Liberal. Enjoy!
* Prayers for Kim & LaNona Rinehart family. Kim’s dad, Jack Rinehart, passed & funeral was Tuesday.
* Prayers for Linda & Martha Potts family. Linda’s uncle Berdett Bailey passed last week. Funeral was in Illinois.
* Rudy Arredondo, Norma Jean Dodge’s brother, has some medical issues he is facing at this time. Pray for answers so he will start feeling better.
* Bailee Winter has some medical issues that she needs prayer for.
* Deb Moss (Reita Isaacs’ daughter) Pray for her healing from surgery on her neck & back.
* Pam Smith, friend to Vicki Melanson, having some trouble with isolation anxiety.
* Pray for our church as we reach out to each other and to others in the community at this time.
* Donna Nordyke is at Wheatridge doing PT.
* Dan Plett has a niece, Amy, that works in a hospital in Tampa, Florida. Amy is very concerned for her safety as well as other hospital employees & first responders.
* Steve & Collen Patton (Sondra’s son) is at Washington General Hospital in Washington State getting supplies for this big hospital for a few months.
* Pray for a solution to the Covid-19 virus situation here in Liberal and around the world. Pray for how the virus has affected some business & families.
* Pray for the healthcare workers, the leaders of our city & our country.
* Pray for families who have someone with this virus or have lost a loved one from the virus.
* All the churches as we adjust.
* All the high school and college students that would be graduating who are missing this special day that they had worked hard and anticipated for.
Do you have a prayer request? Please call or email the church.
Offering required weekly $ 10,700.34
Offering received on May 10th – $15,218.76 Year to date budgeted $203,306.46 Year to date received $215,742.69
Christian Light Foundation Total – $480.00 Annie Armstrong Offering Total – $699.97
For more information on these or other church activities, please contact us at:
First Southern Baptist Church
621 N. Western Ave