Our series, Game Changers, continues this week as we focus on Faith in the lives of ordinary people!
Join us on Sunday at 9:30 AM or 11 AM as we will be doing church together from multiple locations! We will be livestreaming our service just like we do every week.
Join us at www.fsbcliberal.com OR on Facebook at FSBCLiberal.
VBS 2020 – Concrete & Cranes
Look up—way up. That’s where we’re headed. Where I-beams float effortlessly high overhead, carefully guided into place by powerful machinery. Where steel and glass converge in a colossal design that appears to almost touch the sky. These magnificent structures were elaborately designed and intricately built. Yet they all began the same way—with concrete and cranes, rivets and rebar, bulldozers and backhoes; and most importantly, a solid foundation.
It’s Vacation Bible School time at First Southern Baptist Church! Children age 4 years old by September 1st through 8th grade are admitted free from 6-8:45 p.m. July 19-23, 2020. This summer kids will learn that Jesus’ love will provide a foundation that lasts. Each day kids will make crafts, play fun games, enjoy tasty snacks, sing cool songs, and learn about missions.This week of fun, food, and exciting learning opportunities is free of charge and open to everyone.
For more information call the church at 620.624.0186 or visit our website www.fsbcliberal.com . You may also register your child(ren) at https://fsbcliberal.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/415071.
We’re back with 2 Worship Experiences for you to choose from: 9:30am OR 11am!!
Preschool Ministry will be provided for your kids 5 and under during BOTH worship experiences.
Children’s Ministry for kids older than 5 years will begin again on July 5. Until then, we would encourage you to plan on worshipping with us together as a family!
Beginning on Sunday, July 5, we will add back Sunday School and Children’s Church activities for everyone!
One of the great benefits of having multiple worship experiences is that as a church we now have the opportunity to attend a service AND serve during a service. Would you consider praying together as a family about how God would have you plug into a serving opportunity at FSBC? There are phenomenal opportunities to serve with kids, teens, technology, worship, teaching a small group, and much more. If you have questions about when, where, how, etc., to serve, give us a call (620-624-0186) or shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), we’d LOVE to help you plug into a serving opportunity as we prepare to serve the Church and our community!
School’s Out and Summer is here! What to do?
Visit our Church Media Library and check out some books and/or DVD’s. We have many things for adults and children of all ages.
The library will now be open starting this Sunday, June 28!! For now, we will open between the two morning services 10:30 -11:00 a.m.
The library staff looks forward to seeing you on Sunday!
Hey Church! We’ve been going through several storage areas within the building and collecting things that we no longer have a use for. On Sunday, July 5, following the 11am worship experience, YOU will have the opportunity to go through the items we’ve set aside. Anything and everything you think you could use are yours to take for FREE! Everything left behind will be donated or thrown away.
We’ve got a buyout night with the BJ’s! On Tuesday, July 7th, FSBC will be at the BJ’s game to hand out free stuff, invites to church and VBS, play fun/goofy games between innings, meet and serve people we wouldn’t normally have access to, and ultimately, have a blast! Please begin to make plans NOW to come hang out with us at the ballpark on Tuesday, July 7! Game begins at 7pm – Volunteers to help with games and handouts will arrive at 6pm. We’ll see YOU there!
June Food Cupboard Numbers
Total people served – 146 Total bags of food distributed – 61
Number of families – 61 New Families – 2
Our next Food Cupboard will be Saturday, July 11, 2020. Here are some food items that are needed before our next food cupboard:
Peanut Butter, Jelly, Tomato Sauce, Canned Fruit, Hamburger Helper, Ramon Noodles & 1 lb. bags of rice.
You may bring these food items to the church office. You can also donate by marking your check or envelope ~ Food Cupboard. If you would like to help or have any questions, please call Cheryl Dreitz ~ 620-655-3548. Thank you for your help with this ministry!
As you know my mother, Sondra Patton, my wife and I would like to thank you for all the prayers for our family. As we set out to Seattle from Florida to help the University of Washington Medical Center fight Covid-19 mom had added us to your prayer chain. Now that we have been here for nearly 3 months everything has gone well. But, last weekend Colleen fell and broke her leg, we are living in our RV while being in Seattle so being 3200 miles from home is one thing but having a broken leg and being in the RV is another issue. We had our Orthopedic Appt last week and she does not need surgery, praise the Lord. Again the Community of Liberal has prayed for me my whole life from the Gulf War to now being on the front lines fighting Covid 19. God Bless you and we will come visit you this summer.
Steve and Colleen Patton
We have a brand new app, available on all Android and Apple devices. Using this tool you will be able to:
1. View our Sermon Archives
2. Connect with FSBC and ask for Prayer
3. Give Securely Online
4. Pre-Check In your children (as we are able to reopen)
5. Much more to come!
To get started simply click one of the links below to download on your device, and then search for First Southern Baptist Church Liberal as you open the App. Let’s Go Church!
* Pray for our two Sunday services. Our first service at 9:30 AM or the second service at 11 AM!
* Prayers for Rudy, Norma Jean Dodge’s brother, recovering from another surgery on Monday.
* Pray for John Williams, Janna Burton’s dad, as he recovers from a triple bypass heart surgery this week. He did get out of ICU yesterday.
* Collen Patton, Sondra’s daughter-in-law, prayers as she recovers from a broken leg.
* Prayers for Joe Moss (Reita Isaacs’ son-in-law) is home now from complications from his postop surgery.
* Pray for Marlene Keating as she recovers from some surgery & at home now.
* Pray for Chris & Pam Perkins as they will be moving soon from Liberal.
* Prayers for Donna Nordyke as she is recovering at home.
* Deb Moss (Reita Isaacs’ daughter) pray for her healing from surgery.
* Stacy Ward (Vicki Melanson’s daughter) prayer about some medical issues.
* Steve & Collen Patton (Sondra’s son) is at Washington General Hospital in Washington State getting supplies for this big hospital through end of July.
* Pray for our church as we reach out to each other and to others in the community at this time.
* Pray for a solution to the COVID-19 virus situation here in Liberal and around the world. Pray for how the virus has affected some business & families.
* Pray for the healthcare workers, the leaders of our city & our country.
* Pray for families who have lost a loved one.
* All the churches as we adjust to a new normal.
Do you have a prayer request? Please call or email the church.
Offering required weekly $ 10,700.34
Offering received on June 21st – $8,482.30 Year to date budgeted $267,508.50 Year to date received $263,747.37
Christian Light Foundation Total – $500.00 Bill Koehn Mission Offering – $2,240.76